LSC Webinar - Calibrating the Return of Investing in Active Learning Spaces: The Institutional Perspective
September 15, 2016
3:30 - 4:45 p.m. EDT
Registration is now closed. Please fill out this online form if you would like to purchase a copy of the webinar recording.
Registration fee per institution: $200. This fee includes access to a recording of the webinar.
(To register for all 4 Fall LSC webinars, please use this form.)
- What comes first in planning active learning spaces: attention to space or pedagogy?
- How to balance an institution’s need to provide more classroom seats to accommodate growing enrollments, more tuition income against institutional goals for increased retention, student success?
- How to create a balance of active-learning spaces—formal and informal, from large lecture halls to corners and hallways signaling that learning happens everywhere?
- Robert Emery Smith, Director of Classroom Innovation, Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning—Stanford University
- Kristin Ambrose, Senior Associate—Ayers Saint Gross
- Tom Bauer, Associate Principal—Bora Architects
- Elizabeth J. Beise, Associate Provost, Academic Planning & Programs—University of Maryland, College Park
- Jon Dorbolo, Associate Director, Technology Across the Curriculum—Oregon State University
- Hilary Gossett, Assistant Director of Academic Facilities—University of Maryland, College Park
- John Greydanus, Director of Academic Technologies—Oregon State University
- Oregon State University— Learning Innovation Center (LInC)
From Planning through Assessment: The Evolution of Large-Scale Classroom Environments
Learning Innovation Center (LInC) Roundtable Portfolio
- University of Maryland College Park—The Edward. St. John Learning and Teaching Center
A Complex of Student-Centered Formal and Informal Learning Spaces
The Edward. St. John Learning and Teaching Center Roundtable Portfolio
- Get a room: the role of classroom space in sustained implementation of studio style instruction
by Alexis V. Knaub, Kathleen T. Foote, Charles Henderson, Melissa Dancy and Robert J. Beichner
- Does Space Matter? Assessing the Undergraduate “Lived Experience” to Enhance Learning
by Ameet Doshi, Shilpi Kumar, and Susan Whitmer
University of Maryland College Park—The Edward. St. John Learning and Teaching Center Classroom
Oregon State University— Learning Innovation Center (LInC) 600-seat Arena Classroom